Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 10 EOC: Job Evaluation Experience

In the past four years that I have been working I have received just a handful of performance reviews. In the company that I currently work for, I have had about three reviews. There are two reviews in particular that  I would like to talk about. The first review that I received was an official performance appraisal that was measured against company standard. "When an absolute standard appraisal method is used, employee performance is compared to an established standard independent of any other employee."
I feel that this was a great opportunity to learn about my strengths and weaknesses. I received this review after being with the company for a year and a half as well as receiving a promotion. When I received my promotion, I do not recall having a one-on-one to discuss the perimeters of the job as a visual lead. From the review I was able to gauge what my job entailed and how I could improve in this position.
The second review I received was issued as an informal appraisal. This review was issued to address my supposed lack of interest with the company. When the review was being read to me, I felt that it was really unprofessional and emotionally loaded. One comment said, "I do not believe Jessica performs well if she has not had a coffee."

No comments:

Post a Comment